NWAMHC Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
Outpatient substance abuse services are provided for adolescents and adults in Fayette, Lamar, Marion, Walker and Winston Counties (Alabama Department of Mental Health certified programs for ASAM Level I). Clinical services for substance use disorders include: emergency/crisis intervention services, screening, assessment, individual and group therapy, case management, co-occurring individual and group therapy, referrals for detoxification and/ residential treatment services, continuing care, follow-up and aftercare planning services. Drug Court treatment services are currently provided in all five counties.
Adolescent Female Crisis Residential services (Alabama Department of Mental Health certified program for ASAM Level III.5) are provided currently in Walker County at the START (Short Term Adolescent Residential Treatment). See overview for START.
Alcohol/drug education is provided upon request to facilitate general education related to chemical dependency and recovery. Contact the Director of Substance Abuse Services for more information at 205/487-2124.
Outpatient service locations (call to make an appointment or for information):
- •Fayette County: 123 2nd Avenue, N.W., in Fayette ( 205/932-3215)
- •Lamar County: 141 2nd Avenue, N.W., in Vernon (205/695-9183)
- •Marion County: services are offered in both Winfield and Hamilton
260 Baker Street, in Winfield (205/487-2124) for both adult and adolescent services
427 Smokey Bear Road, in Hamilton (205/921-2186) for adult services;
1435 Military Street North in Hamilton (205/921-3400) for adolescent services
- Winston County: 71 Carraway Drive in Haleyville (203/486-4111)
- Walker County: 1100 7th Avenue, in Jasper (205/302-9000)
NWAMH offers Court Referral Education Programs contracted with the Alabama Administrative Office of Courts for Level I (12 hour educational course), Level II (24 hour educational course) and Youth & Juvenile Education (12 hour educational course).
- A combined Level I and Level II course is offered in the Fayette outpatient office six times per year on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6 pm to 9 pm in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- A combined Level I and Level II course is offered in the Haleyville outpatient office six times per year on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6 pm to 9 pm in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
- A Level I class is offered in Marion County at the Winfield outpatient office on Saturdays from 9 am to 3:30 pm (two consecutive Saturdays) in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- A Level II class is offered in Marion County at the Winfield outpatient office on Saturdays from 9 am to 3:30 pm (four consecutive Saturdays) in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
Anger management classes are offered in a 12 week course scheduled as needed dependent on location. For more information or to schedule an appointment phone 205/487-2124.
Domestic violence education classes for perpetrators of violence are offered in a 16 week course scheduled as needed dependent on location. For more information or to schedule an appointment call 205/487-2124.
Defensive driving classes are offered using National Safety Council certified instructors and curricula. To schedule attendance call 205/487-2124 (original certificates are provided upon completion to present to the court or your insurance agent).
- Offered in the Fayette outpatient office on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings one week per month from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Offered in the Winfield outpatient office on two consecutive Saturdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Drug Free Workplace
NWAMH supports a Drug Free Workplace environment and provides supportive services in developing policy and procedures for interested agencies. Drug Free Workplace contracts include randomized Urine Drug Screening and Employee Assistance Program services. For more information call 205/487-2124.